Cornerstone Co-op is recruiting for a positive and enthusiastic manager to lead our Elk Point Food Team in providing consistent positive customer experiences within a “You’re at Home Here” atmosphere.
As a brand ambassador, you will model living the brand everyday through our Mission Statement and our values of Teamwork, Commitment and Integrity.
Reporting to the Food Division Manager, this position leads a team of 4 department managers; an overall store team of approximately 30 employees - with sales volume of $7.6 million, is available to work a variety of shifts – including days, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays on a rotational basis and is responsible for:
• communication, planning, organizing, implementation and execution within the Food Store
• leadership and direction to the Food team in all areas of People, Financial, Market Growth, Sustainability, and Operational Excellence
• business growth and exceptional customer service
• administration & compliance to company policies and procedures, professional standards and applicable laws and regulations
• relationships with internal & external customers and team members
• employee development and succession planning is a high priority
• leading, building and sustaining our safe workplace culture
Qualifications — the successful candidate has experience & a demonstrated ability in:
• operation of a fast-paced environment is preferred
• supervision of a large employee team
• initiative and drive for results
• handling multiple demands - adaptable, organized, efficient and committed
• Computer skills – Outlook, Word, Excel
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis
• Experience within the Co-op Retailing System, or in a similar retail environment would be an asset
• Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
• Ensures Accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
• Drives Engagement – Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
• Builds Effective Teams – Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit program (including Health, Dental and 6% matched pension, company bonus structure and discount) in a rewarding and supportive, professional and collaborative work environment that allows for learning, growth and professional development. Excellent opportunity for advancement exists.
Cornerstone Co-op is a leader in the CRS, serving 30,000 members from 20 different locations in 7 communities (St. Paul, Elk Point, Mannville, Dewberry, Vermilion, Wainwright and Provost) within a trading area 280 kilometers long in the north-east corner of Alberta. Elk Point has a population of 1,850 with all services and is located 204 km north-east of Edmonton along Highway 646.
Please submit a detailed resume in confidence to: Human Resources Cornerstone Co-operative 5008 51st Avenue Vermilion AB T9X 1B3 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 780-853-6563
This position may be filled at any time; however, it will remain open until filled.
Cornerstone Co-op thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.